Andy Duncan of The God That Failed blog recently posted a link to an interview that he did with Professor Jorg Guido Hülsmann. Hülsmann is an Austrian School economics professor at the University of Angers in France and a Senior Fellow of the Ludwig von Mises Institute. This podcast is a must listen for all those interested in Austrian economics. The highlights are:
- The importance of von Mises pioneering work, The Theory of Money and Credit, in synthesizing monetary theory with subjective valuation.
- Comments about an upcoming book, to be published late this year, he is editing to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the publication of The Theory of Money and Credit.
- Comments about another book he is authoring about the social consequences of inflation. This will be published in German next year. He is actively seeking someone to sponsor a translation into English.
- Fascinating views on the endgame of the current worldwide monetary debasement.
- His opinions about why Germany will not abandon the Euro.