- From Currency Debasement To Social Collapse: 4 Case Studies – A very interesting article about the social consequences of inflation.
- War, Peace, and the State – One of Rothbard’s greatest essays on the libertarian view of war.
- The Nockian Society – “The purpose of The Nockian Society is to help keep green the memory of Albert Jay Nock by publishing a newsletter from time to time with information of interest to its members and by helping to finance the publication of some of his books.”
- Turning Point USA – “Through education and voting power, Turning Point USA strives to empower and enlighten generations young and old, about the dangers of high debts and deficits. An education movement first and foremost, Turning Point USA believes the issues of generational theft transcend usual political lines, and the only solution to a debtor nation is an informed electorate to take action against the thievery on the local, state, and federal level.” While I am certainly glad to see that young people are waking up to discover how previous generations have saddled them with enormous, unpayable debts, I fear that the US has reached the point of no return. The best and most prudent option for a young person is to learn some useful skills asap, at least one foreign language, then expatriate. If you still believe that the US will be able to save itself, then keep your US citizenship so that you can return when conditions improve. Regardless, you are probably better off viewing what happens from a safe distance.
- The Spanish-American War: The Leap into Overseas Empire – “As of July 1902, when the United States declared the Philippine Insurrection over, 200,000 to 220,000 Filipinos had died, of whom only 15,000 were actual combatants, which suggests that U.S. forces consciously made war on the enemy’s entire society”
- The Nitrate and Nitrite Myth: Another Reason not to Fear Bacon– “It may surprise you to learn that the vast majority of nitrate/nitrite exposure comes not from food, but from endogenous sources within the body. (1) In fact, nitrites are produced by your own body in greater amounts than can be obtained from food, and salivary nitrite accounts for 70-90% of our total nitrite exposure. In other words, your spit contains far more nitrites than anything you could ever eat.When it comes to food, vegetables are the primary source of nitrites. On average, about 93% of nitrites we get from food come from vegetables. It may shock you to learn that one serving of arugula, two servings of butter lettuce, and four servings of celery or beets all have more nitrite than 467 hot dogs. (2) And your own saliva has more nitrites than all of them! So before you eliminate cured meats from your diet, you might want to address your celery intake. And try not to swallow so frequently.”
- A Speculative Order of Arrival for Important Rejuvenation Therapies – “A toolkit for producing true rejuvenation in humans will require a range of different therapies, each of which can repair or reverse one of the varied root causes of degenerative aging.”
- Return to Antikythera: Divers revisit wreck where ancient computer found– “The island of Antikythera sits in the middle of what has been a busy trade route since ancient times: a treacherous shard of rock notorious for downing ships in a storm. In Roman times, it was also an infamous centre for pirates. So it’s a good bet that there are plenty of other wrecks here, from all periods of history.”
- Naqsh-i Rustam – Incredible Reliefs of Persian Empires – “Most people have heard of the ancient city of Persepolis in Iran. Yet just north of the metropolis of antiquity is a sheer cliff, known as Naqsh-i Rustam. Here, in the second millennium BCE, work began on a quite staggering series of rock reliefs”
Top Posts & Pages
- Introduction to the Austrian School of #Economics by Randall G. Holcombe mises.org/blog/introduct… #AustrianEconomics 6 months ago
- New #metamaterial can cool roofs, structures with zero energy consumption nanowerk.com/nanotechnology… 6 months ago
- Castro Regime Arrests Member of Mises #Cuba mises.org/blog/castro-re… 6 months ago
- Creating bionic enzymes nanowerk.com/news2/biotech/… 6 months ago
- Here We Go Again: Fake Tenthers Treat the Constitution Like Toilet Paper tenthamendmentcenter.com/2017/01/24/her… via @tenthamendment 6 months ago
Artificial General Intelligence - Ben Goertzel and Cassio Pennachin
Economic Freedom and Interventionism - Ludwig von Mises
Prices and Production & Other Works - Friedrich Hayek
On Power - Bertrand de Jouvenel
A Field Guide to Genetic Programming - Poli, Langdon, McPhee
A History of Chinese Civilization - Jacques Gernet
The Bastiat Collection-Volume 2 - Frederic Bastiat Defending the Undefendable - Walter Block Conceptual Spaces: The Geometry of Thought - Peter Gardenfors